NEW MEMBER KEVIN SAUM BECOMES A SPORTS INJURY ACTIVIST AFTER HIS OWN SEVERE BRAIN INJURYAugust 25, 2021
NEW POLL: IS LESS MORE WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORKWEEK?September 8, 2021
United in dirt! That was indeed the case on August 21 when several dozen volunteers from the Dulye Leadership Experience, Pittsfield Beautiful and Raymond James came together to plant more than 120 flowers in austere beds along sidewalks and medians in several blocks of the downtown business district of Pittsfield, MA.
The diverse, multi-generational group shared the common dynamic of giving back with zeal to improve their community, which serves as homebase for the DLE. Armed with shovels were DLE volunteers (seen in photos below) Auric Enchill, Kate Lauzon, Jetta Lauzon, Matthew Keator, Danielle Sanders, Elizabeth Gates, Dan Zabatta, Nicole Mancivalano, Marcus Coleman, Marie Meak (whose birthday celebration coincided), Monique Ollinger, Andrea Lein, and Linda Dulye.
Also contributing to the success of this community service project were:
- John Berndtson of Pittsfield Beautiful, who taught proper digging and planting techniques for the bounty of petunias, white surf and million bell flowers that went into the ground.
- Pittsfield Commissioner of Public Services & Utilities Ricardo Morales, who purchased the plants and tools for beautifying this cityscape.
- Pittsfield Highway Superintendent Vinny Barbarotta and his highway crew, who kept everyone safe walking between the sidewalks and street medians of the planting zone.
- Paul Fortini and David Rice of Park Square Financial Advisors of Raymond James (seen in photo below), who teamed up with the DLE’s volunteer crew.
- Horticultural pros and planting colleagues (wearing neon yellow shirts in photos below) from Pittsfield Beautiful: Nancy Cook, Chris Stodden, Terry O’Brien, Dawn O’Brien, John Berndtson, Pat Andersen, Claudia Curry, Claudine Chavanne, Michael Nichols and Ann Phillips.
Click here to see more. A third round of downtown Pittsfield planting is planned for September. If you are interested in joining the DLE planting crew, contact Kate Lauzon at firstname.lastname@example.org and Linda Dulye at email@example.com.