POLL RESULTS: WHAT TRIGGERS YOUR INTERVIEW JITTERS?October 18, 2023
STEPPING INTO SUCCESS: THE RISE OF BOATMAN AND AJ BOWMAN IN SUSTAINABLE FASHIONOctober 18, 2023
The key to achieving big is to start small. That’s the key takeaway for attendees of the latest DLE Ownership Workshop with Julie Haagenson, a certified professional coach and consultant and founder of New Pathways Coaching & Consulting.
Julie shared her more than two decades of experience with an enthusiastic virtual audience eager to transform their stress into action. The need was clear, as evidenced in an opening poll for the program, which posed the question: “How much stress have you experienced in the last year?” A whopping 77% of participants answered, “A lot.”
Relief was quickly on the way as Julie shared this 5 Step Pathway to rethink and transform stress:
- The first step is to notice. This involves building your awareness and recognizing what happens to you when you’re under stress
- The next step is to name what might have caused your reaction.
- Moving forward, step 3 is to reset. A powerful way to do this is to practice a deep breathing exercise known as the “Box Breath” tool: inhale for 4 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, breathe out for 4 seconds, and hold for 4 seconds.
- Step 4 is to reflect and gain clarity. This is where you begin transforming your thoughts–understanding what is causing your stress, fact-checking your thoughts, and addressing your needs. Remember, needs can be different for everyone; these could be sleep, support, or quietness.
- The last step is to shift your mindset and reframe. Visualizing the desired outcome you want and leading with your values alters how your body responds to stress and creates resonance.
Julie encourages incremental practice of each step. “Practicing this framework will help you raise self-awareness and choose mindsets that transform stress into purposeful action.”
Broaden your perspective and gain mental fitness by accessing the workshop recording on the DLE YouTube Channel. It’s free, and you can watch by clicking here.