MEMBER COMMENTARY: TO BUILD YOUR BRAND, TAKE TIME FOR INTROSPECTIONApril 5, 2023
DLE MEMBER ENTERS POLITICS WITH THE GOAL OF BUILDING CONNECTIONSApril 5, 2023
The March 27 DLE Meetup featured an active conversation on the topic of Coaching 101: Tips for Motivating Others to Be Their Best. In the intimate setting of the DLE HQ office, more than a dozen DLE members enthusiastically shared experiences and techniques for bringing out the best in co-workers. Their offerings included:
- Have clear and kind goal setting in the right context
- Create a psychologically safe, open space that makes people feel comfortable to ask questions
- Know people’s strengths and help them to recognize them
- Make sure the right people are in the right jobs
- Help others understand the “why” behind a goal
- Focus on what you can control
- Be very clear on expectations
- Remove your ego
- Practice humility
DLE Meetups feature topical, in-person conversations between diverse DLE members, who benefit from new insights and connections. They are held bi-monthly, run for 90 minutes and include refreshments.
The next DLE Meetup is set for Monday, May 8th at 5:30 PM, and the discussion topic is how to create a psychologically safe space for others. Registration is limited to 15 participants. To reserve a seat, email firstname.lastname@example.org.