DLE MEMBERS SET SIGHTS ON LEADERSHIP IMMERSIONOctober 12, 2022
NEW POLL: HAVE RISING FUEL PRICES AFFECTED YOUR HOLIDAY PLANS?November 16, 2022
After years of planning and numerous pandemic-induced disruptions, the arrival of the DLE’s most comprehensive professional development event is almost here. The DLE 2022 Leadership Immersion begins on Nov. 4 with 45 rising, new and experienced leaders from 23 organizations coming together to broaden their perspectives, skills and networks.
Immersive, multi-day retreats have been core to the DLE since it was established in 2008. Held annually through 2019, then COVID-curtailed, the upcoming, two-day Leadership Immersion offers a Spectator-Free™ development experience. Explains DLE Founder Linda Dulye, chief organizer of the event, “It has been intentionally designed for maximum impact with many unique features that distinguish it from a typical conference.”
Those accents include:
- Fully present speakers. Attending both days, speakers go far beyond giving a presentation; they will join attendees in breakout exercises for all sessions.
- All access. The intimate size of the event guarantees attendees will meet every speaker and all fellow cohort members.
- Relevant development. Attendees complete a Transformation Compass, which identifies skills they can gain from their experience and aligns them with their professional development plan back at work.
- Rich diversity. Attendees’ workplace experience is as varied as the dozens of organizations they represent, ranging from workforce newcomer to senior manager with decades of tenure.
- Shared learning. Before leaving on Day 2, attendees will review notes from their Immersion Journal and Improvement Action Plan with speakers and each other.