BLOG DEBUT: ANDREW DIAMOND ON THE DLE’S UNPARALLELED DIVERSITYOctober 14, 2020
WILL YOUR VOTE COUNT? TAKE OUR NEW POLLOctober 21, 2020
A rousing exchange of personal experiences and practical advice for taking on an organization’s toxic culture unfold in the latest addition to the DLE YouTube Learning Library.
Recorded at the Oct. 16 DLE Culture Chat, the video opens with personal stories from four DLE Community Members—who double as discussion leaders—and includes concrete advice from the diverse group of program participants.
Watch here and find approaches to help you:
- • Stay focused on results and be productive in a toxic environment
- • Speak up and provide constructive ideas for improving the situation
- • Transition to a healthy work culture after being part of a toxic, divisive environment
- • Create a competitive culture without creating a toxic culture
- • Decide when it’s time to leave a job after trying to address a toxic culture
- • Scope out a company’s culture before accepting a job.
One attendee called their experience “very insightful,” adding “as terrible as it is, it’s nice to hear of others with toxic work environment experiences and how they dealt with it.”
True to its mission, Culture Chat is a business-oriented open forum that examines changes and challenges in today’s unpredictable workplace. Held bi-weekly on Fridays at Noon ET, this 60-minute program uses a moderated format to promote respectful conversations, different views and actionable takeaways. The range of topics covered is extensive, and includes virtual collaboration, mentorship, workplace inclusiveness, career pivots and dealing with toxic culture.